Mental health awareness

Dear stranger,
This post is dedicated to you. 
Yes, you!
You, the one who thinks mental health is nothing but a stigma.
You, the one who thinks marks are more important than your children's mental health and peace.
I always wanted to write and talk about this now here I am.
I hope you read it till the end. 
Love and light,
A stranger (who wants to bring a change in people's mindset)

Image source - pinterest

I don't really understand why do people only care about marks?
Well, well, well, indeed marks are important but not more than the childs mental health and peace. 
Marks are nothing when it compared to mental health and peace. You really don't know what the other person right in front of you is going through. They may seem fine but they might be going through a really hard phase where nobody could understand the things they're going through.

Image source - pinterest

You might think, they're just kids and what problems they might have.
But darling, if you're thinking like this then you might be deluded, because there are more than you can think, which you can never figure out what they're going through among them.
They might be under so much pressure of parents, who always force them to read 24/7 and never allow them to go to parties with friends. They don't allow them to do other activities which they're interested in. At times, this leads to anxiety, emptiness, negativity, failures, etc. In most cases, they may have suicidal thoughts. 

//Every hour one student commits suicide in India, with about 28 such suicides reported every day, according to data compiled by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). The NCRB data shows that 10,159 students died by suicide in 2018, an increase from 9,905 in 2017, and 9,478 in 2016. ~ Google//

Image source - pinterest

You never know where this may going to lead. Pressure from parents and teachers to perform well in exams can affect a child’s mental health. Don't pressure your children. If you force them to study or not, they'll give their best. Not everyone is good at studies. Each human has a unique talent. Some might be good at sports, some might be good at arts, writing, animation,  etc. It must be discovered on their own. Talent isn't something which you force your mind to do or learn something, talent is a natural ability. Which you can do on your own without any help or guidance. Which you do it with passion, rather than being forced. 

Image source - pinterest

Even though my parents never forced me to study or to do something which I'm not interested in, but these so called people in our society does. I never stressed out about studies until my teachers said that I can't do anything and I'm useless, etc. That's the day when I wanted to show them what I am. Not only to my teachers but also to my relatives and also to this so-called society that if I wanted to do something and decided to do it, only then I can. I never cared much about studies, I'm always into sports, arts, and co curricular activities. Whenever I mentioned about something which I wanted to do and want to go somewhere, they're always be like "go for it." 

Image source - pinterest

Well, it's not like I've been chilling and doing whatever I like. There were times where I couldn't even believe in myself and just giving up everything. It was all started after when my father passed. I gave up studies, sports, and whatnot everything. Even though, I never let anybody know about it, but deep inside it was killing me. I was unbale to digest the fact that my father is no more here to guide me, to take care of me and whatnot. It's not like, I don't have anyone else other than him but you know right for a girl, losing her beloved father is quite heartbreaking

There'll be days when you feel completely broken.

Your heart,
Broken into pieces
That can't be fixed
Yet you can wear them
Beautifully
Only if you're willing to.

Image source - pinterest

Yet I tried to move on, not for myself but for my mother who've been trying her best to make me happy and to keep me happy. Even though when she isn't herself. When I used to cry, her tears started to roll down. Then I decided that i should not cry in front of anyone, no matter who they are.
I tried to controll my tears, I tried to controll my anger I tried to controll my emotions and tried my best until I succeeded.

When you feel like not doing anything, just take a break. Take a break from everything for sometime, until you feel like doing it again. Remember, giving up isn't a solution. Even if you feel like you won't be succeeded, it's fine just try as long as you can. 'cause trying is better than doing nothing.

Image source - pinterest

And there were things which used to bother me, but I never really felt like talking about them with anyone. I used to keep it deep inside me rather than telling anybody. So I started writing diaries. Even though I never kept them with me, rather I used tear it off after sometime. It was one of the most hardest phase for me to overcome through it, and I made it. 

If something is bothering you and you don't even know with whom you can share. 
Then start writing a diary. Write what you want to talk about. Whatever going through your mind, just try to write it down. When you're done putting it in paper, you'll feel better.
Trust me, it works. 

Image source - pinterest

Most of the time, all I do is just talking to myself. All I do is hiding and keeping everything within myself. I just create fake and fictional characters which doesn't exist in books and real life but only in my mind. I felt like I have some kind of psychological problem or something. I told my cousin about it, then she said that she often does the same and further said that no to worry about it. 

Hey sweetie, It's really okay to not be okay, but how long?
If you feel like something's wrong, then just reach out for someone and talk about it even if you don't feel like talking. 'cause it's really fine to not to share anything with anyone but how long will you hide everything within yourself? Also, be in touch with at least one person, with whom you can talk and would feel free to talk about things which are bothering you. 

Image source - pinterest

Just be confident no matter what you're doing.
Do you believe in believing?
It's really okay if someone doesn't believe in you. Well, It's okay even if nobody believes in you. It doesn't really matter I shall say. All you got to do is just ask yourself "do I believe in myself?" If you do, then that's where it all starts. As long as you believe in you, there's no such thing which can demoralize you. There'll be no one who can drag you down, 'cause deep down you know no matter what you will and can do it.

Remember:
It's okay to have a bad day.
It's okay to make mistakes.
It's okay to take a break.
Reaching out for help is brave.
Nothing is perfect, so does you. And you are imperfectly perfect.
You are stronger than you think, just believe in yourself.
It's okay to be yourself.
Most importantly, love yourself!!
Choosing yourself first is not at all selfish.

What I really want to convey through this is please don't force your children to do something in which they're not really interested. If they're not interested in studies try to figure out the reason. Try to know what they're interested in, talk to them, guide them, and most importantly, try to listen them. Be a good listener, they might be want to talk to so many things but they won't because they're scared what you will say and you'll get angry towards them.
Tell them what you feel rather than yelling and shouting at them just because you aren't satisfied with their outcome. 
I know you might be worried about the society that what they may think and talk about you. But my dear, it doesn't really matter as long as you are happy, you're childern are happy, 'cause after all we are humans, being happy and enjoying the things we're doing are what really matters. I'm not saying studies and stuff doesn't matter, it does matter. But doing the things we like, gives us immense of happiness.

images source - pinterest

Mental health matters, so does mental peace. 

Ps: thank you for the kind read and I'm glad that you've read it till here. I hope my little piece of write-up can bring some change in people's mindset. 



Comments

  1. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind read and feedback dear ❤️☺️🌻

      Delete
  2. This story is touched my soul yaar❤️really great well doneπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much buddyyy! ❤️πŸ€—πŸŒ»

      Delete
  3. You're doing great girl❤️...much love to you ❤️πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  5. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind read. ❤️☺️🌻

      Delete
  6. Beautiful sister ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bro! Loads of love ❤️❤️🌻

      Delete
  7. Agreed with each and every word .... It's too good ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and read. πŸ’•✨

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe, a goodbye!?

An open letter to my late father